How to Get Support
Panopto provides 24/7 end-user support as part of MIT’s Enterprise license. You can contact them directly by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 855-765-2341
- Web: Create a support ticket by logging into https://support.panopto.com
MIT Sloan Teaching & Learning Technologies
Submit a support request for any questions related to:
How to Use Panopto for Student Video Assignments and Discussions
If you’d like your students to record and submit a video to an assignment or discussion in Canvas, follow the instructions listed below.
Create an Assignment Folder in Panopto
First, you have to create an Assignment Folder in Panopto. Doing so will create a subfolder in the Videos tool where all student video submissions will be stored.
Determine How Students Will Submit Their Videos
Next, decide if you’d like students to submit their video project to an assignment or a discussion:
- How do I create an assignment as an instructor?
- Note: When creating an assignment, under Submission Type, select Text Entry.
- How do I create a discussion as an instructor?
Make the Assignment or Discussion Available to Students
Be sure to publish the assignment or discussion that you just created, and then add it to a Module in your Canvas course.
- Publish an Assignment or Discussion:
- Add an Assignment or Discussion to a Module:
You can share these instructions for recording a video using Panopto and submitting it to an assignment or discussion in Canvas with your students.
Grading Video Submissions
Once students have submitted their video projects to a graded assignment or discussion, you can review, grade, and provide feedback for each student using the SpeedGrader in Canvas.