At a Glance
In this guide, you’ll learn when and how to start logging into Canvas as an MIT Sloan Alumni and which materials are available to MIT Sloan Alumni after graduation.
Note: All active faculty, staff, and students must log in to Canvas with their Kerberos account, even if they are MIT Alumni.
Log in to Canvas
- Go to https://canvas.mit.edu/.
- Click the MIT Alumni button to authenticate via Infinite Connection.
- Enter your Infinite Connection Username  and Password  and click Login .
Tip: MIT Sloan Alumni must follow MIT’s process to obtain an Infinite Connection account before they can log in to Canvas. It may take up to 72 hours before the alumni can log in to Canvas after establishing their credentials.
Recent graduates should continue to log in using Kerberos by clicking the Student button on log in page for MIT Canvas until the July 1st following their graduation.
Access to Courses and Content
It can be a bit tricky to outline what Alumni students can and cannot access in Canvas after graduation because it varies from course-to-course. Use the following guidelines for a basic understanding of what you may be able to expect:
- Each instructor determines whether they want their students to be able to access their Canvas course and its content (e.g. assignments, files, and quizzes) after any given term ends. Contact your instructor with questions.
- Alumni cannot access the Zoom app in Canvas after their Canvas login switches to Infinite Connection on the July 1st following their graduation.
- Contact Sloan Educational Services (SES) with questions about when access to Study.Net or Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) materials expire.
Always download and save any and all content you wish to keep before the term ends—and especially before graduation. This is the only guaranteed way to ensure retention.