SKIP AHEAD TO
At a Glance
All courses that you are enrolled in for the current term are available on your Canvas Dashboard. After a term ends, these courses are automatically removed from the Dashboard. To learn how to access your past courses, refer to How to Access a Past Course in Canvas.
In this guide, you will learn how to keep your course on the Dashboard after the term has passed by marking the course as a Favorite.
- This action cannot be taken retroactively. You cannot favorite a course after the term ends. You must favorite the course while the term is current.
- Once you favorite at least one course, your Canvas Dashboard will only display favorited courses. Canvas will continue to automatically favorite new course enrollments. You can unfavorite a course at any time by clicking the star to deselect.
- On your Canvas Dashboard, any courses in which you have an instructor role will be listed first, followed by TA roles and any other custom instructor-based roles. Any courses in which you have a student role are listed last.
Customize Your Canvas Dashboard Using Favorites
- In Canvas, click Courses  in the Global Navigation Menu and click All Courses  to display the full list of courses you’re enrolled in.
- Click the Star icon next to the course title to add it to your favorites. A filled star indicates that a course is a favorite.