SKIP AHEAD TO
At a Glance
This guide outlines the process for cross-registered students from Wellesley and Harvard to access a Canvas course at MIT Sloan.
- The student follows the official process to cross-register. Each institute has its own cross-registration rules as outlined by MIT Registrar’s Cross-Registration Instructions. Harvard and Wellesley students must complete the appropriate process.
- MIT creates a Kerberos account for the student. Once the student completes the cross-registration process, MIT creates a Kerberos account for the student within 24 hours.
- MIT Sloan creates a Canvas account for the student. The student will be able to log in to Canvas at MIT 24 hours after their Kerberos account is created.
- The student must officially register for the course. Once the student’s registration is processed in MITSIS, they are automatically added to the corresponding Canvas course within 24 hours.
- (Optional) Provide the student with temporary access to the Canvas course. Any teaching team member can give the cross-registered student temporary access to their Canvas course after the student’s Canvas account is created in Step 3 but before their official registration is processed in MITSIS in Step 4. Add the student with a 48-Hour Pass role using the Membership tool in Canvas. See How to Use the Membership Tool in Canvas for step-by-step instructions.