Register for a Listening Session
Join us for a 60-minute listening session on Zoom. Your input is critical in enhancing future Sloanies’ experiences, and we believe that working together is the best way to achieve this goal. Plus, as a token of our appreciation, you will receive a Sloan Cafeteria voucher (valid from April 24 to April 28th) for your participation.
Note: All listening sessions will take place on Zoom and will be recorded.
You’ll join your 60-minute listening session on Zoom. During the session, you may be asked questions such as:
- In your experience, what kind of method for taking attendance works well in your classes? Can you describe it?
- Have you encountered any difficulties or issues with the current attendance tracking method in your class(es)? Have you experienced any issues with being marked absent or present when you feel the opposite is true?
- How does your instructor track your participation in class? Can you describe the process they use?
- Have you experienced any difficulties or issues with the current participation tracking method in your class(es)?
- Are there specific criteria or guidelines your instructor has given you for what counts as participation? If so, can you describe them?
- What activities or behaviors do you think should be considered when evaluating your participation in class? What elements of participation would count towards your grade in an ideal world?
- Do you feel like your participation is adequately recognized and rewarded in your class(es)? Why or why not?
- How would you feel about using a new attendance and/or participation tracking tool that required you to use your own smartphone or laptop during class?
- Is there anything else you would like to share?
You’ll be in small groups so there will be plenty of opportunities to share. We value your feedback and look forward to working together to enhance the tracking of students’ attendance and participation in classes.
Have any questions?
If you have any questions about the Attendance and Participation listening sessions, please don’t hesitate to contact the STS Teaching and Learning Technologies team at email@example.com.